Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tennessee Hills

This past weekend, it was a pleasure to be in two fine churches in Lawrenceburg, TN.  On Sunday morning, I was at Lawrenceburg Baptist Temple.  Pastor Smith and the people were a blessing.  Then, on Sunday night, I was at Faith Baptist Church, where Jeff Burkhart is the pastor.  They also were a blessing.  It was a joy to share the burden for Brazil with both churches.  Pray for these churches as they continue to reach the world with the gospel.

Lawrenceburg brings back many memories for me.  My grandmother was born and raised there in that town, which is also the home of Davy Crockett.  While there, I got to visit a great aunt, who is in a nursing home, and had a country lunch with a great uncle and his family.  My grandmother's maiden name was "Beck," and there are a lot of them around Lawrenceburg and Columbia, TN.

I am in Columbus, Georgia this week for a doctor's appointment.  Then, next week, it is on to Mississippi for a month of meetings.  Pray that the Lord will continue to provide for all needs, and will raise up the rest of the needed support this year.

Thank you all for your prayers, e-mails and encouragement.   To get all the latest updates, be sure to follow me on Twitter at @wynnbrazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment